Working from home is a wonderful experience! There are many benefits to working from home such as being able to spend time with the family, work at your leisure, and create a schedule that fits your own personal needs.
Here are some motivational tips for moms and dads working from home:
- Get dressed - although it is nice to work in pajamas, sometimes more motivation is needed to keep work flow going. Getting dressed can increase the sense of "moving forward" in work projects.
- Don't answer the door - if distractions are common in your day, set work hours and don't answer the door unless absolutely necessary.
- Create "Working" sign to hang on your office door so family members will know that you are busy at work. Take breaks to check in with them if needed, but the sign can be a great way to let everyone know you are "focused in" on getting work projects done.
- Work earlier - if you have children in the home and need more hours with no noise, then consider working earlier in the day when everyone is still sleeping. This can increase your productivity significantly!
- Create a priority daily task list - focus in on the most important tasks of the day by making a priority list and sticking to it.